Waxing is sometimes the preferred way to remove hairs rather than using disposable razors and shaving creams. Although wax is readily available at the grocery and drug stores, you can also use simple techniques and minimal ingredients to prepare your own wax at home. The major benefit of a homemade wax is that it is easy to make, consumes less time and also saves you a little money for the purpose.
This article will guide you through the process of making your own homemade wax and provide various tips that will make it equivalent to salon waxing.
– One cup of brown sugar
– 1/2 cup of honey
– Juice of 1/2 of a lemon
Steps To Prepare Homemade Wax
1. Take a saucepan and pour sugar, honey and lemon in it. Stir the mixture thoroughly until sugar starts dissolving.
2. Place the saucepan over the stove-top and heat it for about 2-3 minutes. Stir the mixture frequently until it gains the amber color and becomes thick. The sugar present in the mixture should completely melt to give it a brownish look.
3. Switch off the stove and remove the saucepan so as to get the mixture cooled to room temperature.
The Process To Apply The Wax
1. Take a wet cloth and wipe it over the skin which is to be waxed. Now make it to dry by using a dry cloth.
2. Apply the prepared wax evenly on your skin by the use of a dull knife, in the direction of the hair growth.
3. Place a fabric strip over the waxed area and rub over it in the upward or downward direction, using your palm.
4. Make your skin tight and remove the strip with other hand, by pulling it in the direction opposite to which you used in the previous step
Tips For Proper Waxing
1. If the wax becomes too cool and thick while you are applying then place the wax in the microwave for 20-30 seconds. Don't forget to stir it during the heating process.
2. If you don't have the waxing strips then cut your old T-shirt into small strips for the purpose.
3. The temperature of the wax should not be too cool or too hot. A cool wax is thick and hard to apply over the skin, whereas extremely hot wax tends to become thin and causes burns or tears in the skin.
4. Application of baby oil or lotion or creams over the skin after waxing will help you get a much smoother feeling.
5. If you are facing pains with hair removal then use rubbing alcohol over the area. This may cause a little burn but will give you relief from the pain.
6. Keep the unused wax mixture in a heat proof container in the fridge. The mixture can be reused again by placing it in the microwave for a few minutes.
These were the various steps involved in the preparation of a homemade wax. Following the above mentioned tips for homemade waxing will not only make your hair growth finer and slower but also minimize your expenditure on expensive hair removal kits.