Unwanted hair can be a problem, especially for women. Fortunately, there are now lots of hair removal systems that can be used to address this problem. Each method has its own pros and cons and anyone wishing to employ any of these means has to take careful consideration. One of these methods is electrolysis hair removal at home.
One major issue when it comes to hair removal is the cost and another is the effectiveness of the method. The two issues go hand in hand because the more effective a method, the more expensive it becomes. Permanent hair removal is desired by many because it only has to be done at one time and you wouldn't have to worry about the hair growing back. The two most popular permanent hair removal methods are laser hair removal and electrolysis hair removal. The former can be quite expensive while the latter is time-consuming. As an alternative however, there are do-it-yourself kits available in drugstores that allow electrolysis hair removal at home. A kit costs only around $35 to $40. Compared to laser hair removal, this is much cheaper.
How to Do It
1. Choose a kit that contains a needle that you can use to insert into the hair follicle. This makes removal more effective.
2. Prepare a well-lighted area and equip yourself with a good mirror (one with a magnifier, if you wish), a small bowl of warm water with a bit of salt, a good pair of tweezers and your electrolysis kit.
3. When you are ready to begin, dampen your fingers with the salt and water solution and grip the metal portion of the needle firmly. Insert it into the hair follicle where you want to start and turn the knob on the controller. You ought to feel the current flowing with a slight tingle.
4. Wait for a whitish liquid surface on the area that you are targeting. This should happen within a few seconds. Never leave the needle in for longer than a few seconds as this will leave reddish burns on your skin. When you don't see any whitish fluid come up, this means that you did not get to the hair follicle and you have to do the process again. However do not repeat it for more than a couple of times on the same follicle in a single day.
5. Pull out the electrolyzed hair using the tweezers. You can do the whole process for as long as you are comfortable. Others try to keep it to 30 minutes to an hour per session.
Electrolysis hair removal at home is safe and easy but time consuming. It may take several sessions for you to remove all the unwanted hair. It is however very effective and produces permanent results. It is advisable for those who don't have a lot of unwanted hair. If you are the type with thick hair however, you might want to have it done by someone else or you can ask a family member to take turns with you. In time, you will find yourself happy and hair-free.